Having reliable data recovery tools saves money, time, and reputation by allowing you to restore your data quickly without reconfiguring or re-entering any data manually. If you're in a hurry, then the following list gives you a quick overview of the 15 best data recovery software that you must try:
- Disk Drill – It can recover lost or deleted data from internal and external devices, regardless of the file system.
- Recuva – It can recover files from damaged or newly formatted drives and uses an advanced deep scan mode that looks deep into the drives to find any traces of files.
- DiskInternal Unerasers – It allows the users to create perfect copies of the storage media to recover files from their physical drive and prevent further data loss.
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard – It offers various filters to control the scanning process to find the type of file you want to recover and simplifies the searching process.
- Puran File Recovery – It allows to recover deleted or lost files or partitions from any storage device like a hard drive or USB stick but was last updated in 2016.
- Wise Data Recovery – It uses advanced algorithms that quickly scan and dive deeper into your hard drive to recover lost files in less time.
- Stellar Data Recovery – It comes with various scanning options that allow you to tailor the scan for the type of data loss that happened.
- CrashPlan – It keeps a continuous backup of all the files in a campus-based system's home directory, making it easy to find any specific file.
- DMDE File Recovery – It is a portable app with various features like a disk editor, RAID constructor, simple partition manager, and a tool to create clones and disk images.
- UndeleteMyFiles Pro – It is free to use, and you can download it on Windows and Mac OS and recover essential business data.
- Wondershare Recoverit – You can retrieve lost and deleted data like audio, video, photos, and emails from hard drives, USBs, SD cards, and PC and Mac computers.
- PhotoRec – It is a free and open-source tool that works on various operating systems like Windows, Linux, MacOS, Solaris, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD.
- TogetherShare – It supports all types of files like audio, videos, documents, emails, and photos that get lost due to system failure, human error, or any other logical error.
- Undelete360 – lt supports file and folder recovery and can be downloaded for free on the Windows operating system.
- Ibeesoft Data Recovery – It lets you preview the files before recovering them and even use a filter for categorizing the scanned results according to the file type.
Some users might find the above information short of making a decision. Hence, they must read each software review in the latter section.
As the amount of data grows, so does the company's attack surface and the risk of losing sensitive business data. Data loss has become a severe challenge to business organizations, resulting in many consequences, from financial loss to loss of brand reputation and facing regulatory compliance issues. Stats also revealed that 94% of companies that experience data loss never recover, which is alarming and raises the need to use data recovery software.
Data recovery software is an advanced tool to recover lost, deleted, or damaged data from USB drives, memory cards, hard drives, or other digital storage devices. It enables users to restore important files or documents that might get lost due to system failure, human error, natural disaster, or malware attacks.
While data recovery software can make the recovery process simple and easy, choosing the best one can be challenging. This guide provides a detailed insight into the best data recovery software, so go through them and choose the one that fits your criteria.
- What Is A Data Recovery Software and How Does It Work?
- Why Should Businesses Invest In Data Recovery Software?
- 15 Best Data Recovery Services That Are Worth Using
- 1- Disk Drill Data Recovery
- 2- Recuva
- 3- DiskInternals Unerasers
- 4- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- 5- Puran File Recovery
- 6- Wise Data Recovery
- 7- Stellar Data Recovery
- 8- CrashPlan
- 9- DMDE File Recovery
- 10- UndeleteMyFiles Pro
- 11- Wondershare Recoverit
- 12- PhotoRec
- 13- TogetherShare
- 14- Undelete360
- 15- iBeesoft Data Recovery
- Things to Consider While Choosing The Best Data Recovery Software?
- Final Thoughts
- What is data recovery software?
- Which is the best data recovery software?
- How much does the data recovery software cost?
- Is it worth paying for data recovery?
- Which data recovery software is used by professionals?
- Is it possible to recover data after the format?
- What is the best hard drive recovery service?
What Is A Data Recovery Software and How Does It Work?
Data recovery has become vital for maintaining business integrity and ensuring business functions properly. It is the best option to retrieve lost or deleted files from the system or on any storage device, such as flash drives, hard drives, tape drives, and more. It uses deep scanning technology to analyze the storage medium and find files like audio, video, emails, contacts, or other important business documents.
The software can recover files accidentally or intentionally deleted or lost due to:
- Hard drive failures
- Virus or malware attacks
- Natural disasters
- Human error
- System failure
Data recovery software is simple and easy to use. Once installed on your device, configure it according to your preferences, and your backups will start to run automatically. At first, the app will fully copy all the data, including files, folders, applications, and images. Once the data is copied, it gets encrypted with the advanced protocol to protect against unauthorized access. The encrypted data goes to the cloud server until you restore it.
When you experience a data loss, sign into the backup vault, select the backup you want to restore from, and begin the data recovery process. Once the process begins, the backup copy of your data is sent back to your devices. But if you want a full restoration of the system, it will take some time, while if you only want to restore a file or a folder, it proceeds instantly.
Why Should Businesses Invest In Data Recovery Software?
Data recovery is an integral aspect of the backup and recovery process. It is a software-driven process allowing users to recover and restore deleted, lost, corrupted, damaged, and inaccessible data. Businesses rely on data to make informed decisions and support day-to-day operations. Data loss can impact business integrity and continuity; hence, using data recovery software to retrieve the data is crucial.
There are numerous notable benefits that businesses can avail by using reliable data recovery software, such as:
- The software supports the instant restoration of data and minimizes loss from unscheduled downtime.
- The data recovery apps are simple and easy to use; you can train anyone to benefit from their features. It is handy for startups or SMBs who don't have an in-house IT team.
- Investing in a reliable data recovery service helps secure the data against data breaches and disasters. Also, it's crucial for ensuring clients' data safety and meeting regulatory compliance standards.
- Data recovery software ensures automatic data backups, improves network speed, and lowers storage expenses. Also, it enables the company to carry out its routine tasks without slowing down any processes.
- The recovery software automatically creates a backup strategy for your project management platforms. This way, you can safeguard your data without compromising on efficiency.
As more and more companies have adopted the remote or hybrid working culture, which increases the risk factor because employees use their own unsecured devices or shared systems which can cause data loss. Data recovery software can protect them from unfortunate situations, ensuring uptime and maximum productivity.
15 Best Data Recovery Services That Are Worth Using
As you research the best data recovery solutions, you will come across many options but selecting the right solution for data recovery is vital. There are several different data recovery services available today. Below is a detailed insight into the 15 best data recovery software worth using, so have a look and select one for your business:
1- Disk Drill Data Recovery
Disk Drill is the top-rated data recovery software for Windows and Mac operating systems. Its ability to recover lost or deleted data from internal and external devices, regardless of the file system, makes it the best data recovery solution. The software relies on an advanced scanning algorithm and can recover data in more than 400 file formats from various file systems and storage devices. Besides, it has a simple and intuitive interface that ensures a user-friendly experience. It allows users to scan results to search for a particular file and preview it before recovering it. The tool is available in free and premium versions. The free version allows free data recovery of up to 500MB, but if you want to increase the MBs, you can upgrade to the pro version.
Recuva is a free data recovery software that can recover pictures, videos, documents, music, or other files from hard drives, floppy disks, memory cards, USB sticks, or iPods. The software can recover files from damaged or newly formatted drives and uses an advanced deep scan mode that looks deep into the drives to find any traces of files you might accidentally delete. This software also offers two paid versions, i.e., professional and professional plus versions. If you want more features like automatic updates or virtual hard drive support, you can buy the paid versions; otherwise, using the free version is still a good option for file recovery.
3- DiskInternals Unerasers
DiskInternals Unerasers is a reliable data recovery solution with robust file-recovering capabilities that enable users to retrieve lost or accidentally deleted files from the system. Unlike most other tools, DiskInternals Unearsers offers impressive features like forensic disk imaging. It allows the users to create perfect copies of the storage media to recover files from their physical drive and prevent further data loss. In addition, the tool includes a preview feature that lets you look at the contents of the files before starting the recovery process. This software offers free and paid versions and works efficiently on Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
4- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best data recovery software with a streamlined user interface that recovers deleted files from all disk-based storage devices within a few clicks. To ensure that you are recovering the right files, it allows you to preview the recoverable items. In addition, the tool offers various filters to control the scanning process to find the type of file you want to recover and simplifies the searching process. This data recovery solution works perfectly well on Mac and Windows platform and ensures a smooth and hassle-free user experience. It offers a competitive pricing plan, but you can use the free trial version to check whether its features are worth using.
5- Puran File Recovery
Puran File Recovery is a great option to recover deleted or lost files or partitions from any storage device like a hard drive or USB stick. In addition, it also supports file recovery from formatted disks with minimal effort. Sometimes users find it hard to locate the files to recover among hundreds and thousands of files. Thus, the software offers an impressive search feature to help find and restore the files you want. It is free to download and use on the Windows operating system; however, it was last updated in 2016, which might be a concern for many users.
6- Wise Data Recovery
Wise Data Recovery is a trusted data recovery tool that retrieves files from a formatted drive or data you lost accidentally. It supports all storage mediums like hard drives, USB drives, memory cards, desktops, mobile phones, digital cameras, and other storage media. The tool uses advanced algorithms that quickly scan and dive deeper into your hard drive to recover lost files in less time. Besides this, it doesn’t offer any advanced features, which might disappoint the users. The software is easy to use, lightweight, and compatible with Windows OS. Also, it is available in free and paid versions and is backed with a 60-day money-back guarantee offer.
7- Stellar Data Recovery
Steller Data Recovery is a popular data recovery software that offers various solutions like photo recovery software, iPhone recovery software, and video repair software for businesses. It supports all drivers and file formats and retrieves data from all internal and external hard drives, flash drives, memory cards, CDs, and DVDs. In other words it helps ensure a smooth data recovery experience. The software is compatible with Windows and Mac and offers free and paid versions and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
CrashPlan is a simple cloud-based application that also works as a storage platform. It keeps a continuous backup of all the files in a campus-based system's home directory, making it easy to find any specific file. The best thing about this software is that it maintains maximum security and privacy. It has various compliance certifications and attestations that prove its claims, like SOC2 Type II, ISO 27001, GDPR, and Cloud Security Alliance. The tool works well on Windows, Linux, and Mac and is best suited for small businesses and large enterprises. It is a paid tool but offers a 30-days free trial version that provides complete access to all its features.
9- DMDE File Recovery
DMDE is an amazing tool for data recovery from hard drives that you might lose due to system failure, natural calamity, or malware attacks. The software uses unique algorithms to recover directory structure files when other software fails to help you. It offers various features like a disk editor, RAID constructor, simple partition manager, a tool to create clones and disk images, and more. Besides this, it is a portable app that runs directly from a USB stick, meaning you don't need to install it and get into the hassle of overwriting data when you want to recover it. The tool offers free and pro versions and works effectively on Windows, Mac, and Linus operating systems, ensuring a smooth user experience.
10- UndeleteMyFiles Pro
UndeleteMyFiles Pro is a free best data recovery solution to retrieve accidentally deleted files from storage media, including USB flash drives, hard drives, and SD cards. It provides a quick and easy way to search and recover deleted media and employs a two-step process to get back any files on your system. In addition, it allows you to use the delete file search filters to find any specific deleted file. The data recovery service offers other impressive features like; a file rescue wizard and mail rescue. What's more impressive is that it's possible with the permanent files wiper feature if you want to delete any file without leaving any chance to recover it. Besides this, the tool is free to use, and you can download it on Windows and Mac OS and recover essential business data.
11- Wondershare Recoverit
Wondershare Recoverit is a comprehensive and professional solution to retrieve lost and deleted data. It recovers data like audio, video, photos, and emails from hard drives, USBs, SD cards, PC, and Mac computers. Unlike most other software, Recoverit supports over 1000 file formats and guarantees to restore all types of files and file systems like NTFS, FAT, and APFS. This data recovery software offers free and paid versions on the Windows platform. The only issue with the free version is that it can only recover up to 100MB of data, which many users won’t like.
PhotorRec is a data recovery solution designed to recover lost files like documents, archives from hard disks, photos, documents, and videos from digital camera memory. It overlooks the file system and goes after the underlying data; hence, it will even work if the media file system has been severely damaged or formatted. In addition, PhotoRec ensures users' privacy and security by retrieving files written into the directory that PhotoRec runs, guaranteeing that you never overwrite any external drive, flash drive, or USB. Besides this, it is a free and open-source tool that works on various operating systems like Windows, Linux, MacOS, Solaris, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD.
TogetherShare is another reliable data recovery solution for businesses and enterprises. It recovers all types of files like audio, videos, documents, emails, and photos that get lost due to system failure, human error, or any other logical error from SSD, memory card, RAID, digital camera, HDD, and USB flash drive. The software is compatible with Windows and Mac OS and offers free and paid versions. The paid version is also backed up with a 30-day money-back guarantee offer, which gives you a chance to test the software before investing into it.
Undelete360 is another good option to consider using. It lets you restore accidentally or unintentionally deleted files from your system. You can recover lost or deleted files from hard drives, thumb drives, memory cards, and memory sticks used in cameras, smartphones, and other devices with a single click. This tool supports file and folder recovery, making it stand out among others, and it can be downloaded for free on the Windows operating system.
15- iBeesoft Data Recovery
iBeesoft is the best data recovery solution for small and large enterprises. It allows users to permanently recover deleted audio, videos, images, and documents from internal and external disks. Besides this, it offers various basic yet impressive features, such as, it lets you preview the files before recovering them and even repair corrupted files during the search process. You can download this software on Windows and Mac operating systems and use the free or paid version according to your preferences. The only thing that’s not good about the free version is that it allows recovering 2GB of files.
Things to Consider While Choosing The Best Data Recovery Software?
There are several things to consider when you choose the best data recovery software. Here are a few things that you must keep in mind to enjoy effective results from the data recovery solutions:
- Device compatibility is the most crucial factor that you must not ignore. Choose a service that runs on all major OS and gets frequent updates to keep up with the latest versions and features.
- Data recovery software offers a range of impressive features like file repair or disk cleanup. Make sure you use a solution that covers basic to advanced features and ensures a smooth and hassle-free experience.
- Data recovery software specializes in different types of files; some are best for emails, while others are better for photos or documents. Thus, select one according to your preference.
- Ensure that the data recovery service offers good customer support if you experience any issues. They must provide various methods like 24/7 live chat, email, phone, or problem tickets to help recover your data.
- These solutions can differ in price, so choose the one that's in your budget and includes all the necessary features.
- Malicious actors might attach malware to the software when you download it from unofficial sources. Hence, download the software from the official site and scan it for malware before installing it to boost safety.
All these features are necessary to enjoy a smooth user experience, so don’t overlook any of these features.
Data loss has become a serious problem and brings significant consequences for businesses. To prevent these outcomes, data recovery software is the most trusted method to get your files back. The software retrieves the data like files, audio, video, emails, and documents from a hard drive to a flash drive or any other storage device with a single click.
Several data recovery solutions are available to businesses that recover the data and limit the negative impacts in the event of partial or complete data loss. Make sure you also select a reliable service like the one mentioned in this guide that ensures data security and compliance regulations and hassle-freely manages the bulk amount of data.
What is data recovery software?
Data recovery software is an advanced app that recovers lost files like emails, audio, video, and documents accidentally deleted or lost due to a virus attack, system failure, human error, or natural disaster from any storage medium.
Which is the best data recovery software?
Wondershare Recoverit, PhotoRec, Disk Drill, and Wise Data Recovery are all the best data recovery software worth considering. You can use these services on various operating systems like Mac, Windows, and Linux and ensure to get back all the sensitive business data within a few clicks. However, the specifications of each software might differ, so choose accordingly.
How much does the data recovery software cost?
Data recovery software is available in free and paid versions. The prices of the paid plans might vary, starting from $10 per user, so you can choose a plan for your business or personal use depending on your need and budget.
Is it worth paying for data recovery?
Data loss has been a challenge for organizations that brings catastrophic impacts resulting in a financial and reputational loss. Thus, if businesses want to continue their operation and remain in competition with their rivals, they must invest in data recovery software. It helps in retrieving sensitive data and reduces the adverse consequences.
Which data recovery software is used by professionals?
Disk Drill, Recuva, Wise, and Steller Data recovery are reliable services that professionals use. Using these tools, professionals ensure to get back their valuable business data, whether they lose it because of any employee mistake, malicious actor, or system failure.
Is it possible to recover data after the format?
It is possible to recover the data from a formatted hard disk using specialized data recovery tools. When the hard disk formats so, it erases all the existing files and other data stored on the disk, but it does not wholly overwrite the information. It reorganizes the location, which can easily be read by advanced software like the ones mentioned above.
What is the best hard drive recovery service?
Steller Data recovery is the best hard drive recovery service. It is a simple, easy-to-use solution that allows users to recover data from the hard drive and other storage mediums. The tool is compatible with Windows and Mac OS and offers free and premium versions.