Mac computers and Mac OS X make the most stable combination in the world of computers. Nevertheless, they are not entirely protected from some problems. To save yourself from many potential Mac problems, you must create a bootable Mac OS X flash drive that you can carry around so you can instantly diagnose and repair your computer. This bootable flash drive will serve as your handy solution to Mac emergencies.
- You will need a USB flash drive that doesn’t have any data saved and with a data capacity of 16 gb above. Connect it to your Mac.
- Go to Applications on your Finder menu and open Disk Utility. Choose your flash drive from the list provided on the left portion of the window.
- The menu that will appear will have five tabs on it. Select the Partition tab.
- For the volume scheme, choose 1 Partition. You will be asked to provide a name for the said volume, which you can assign yourself. For the format, choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled). The size should be set between 15 to 16 GB.
- Towards the bottom of the window, there is an Options button. Once the Options window comes out, choose GUID Partition Table. After that, click OK.
- Click Apply, then Partition. The process will take a few minutes.
- Now, insert your Mac OS X installation disk and wait for the window displaying the disc contents to pop up. Once it does, double-click on Install Mac OS X and run the installer. Once you get to the message like “Mac OS X will be installed on…”, click the ” Show All Disks ” button. Choose your USB flash drive from the list provided.
- Click Customize and ensure all items on the pop-up window are unchecked except for “Essential System Software.” Click OK and Install to begin the process, which usually takes 30 minutes to an hour. After completing the process, this will use up around 9 GB of your USB drive.
Your bootable Mac OS X installation flash drive is now ready.
Share this article
About the Author
How to Encrypt Your Emails on Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, and G Suite
Encryption is, so far, the best possible way of securing your emails. With encryption, your informat...
How To Encrypt or Password Protected A Flash/Thumb Drives
Encrypt All types of Thumb, Flash, USB, and portable drives. An easy step-by-step guide to complete ...
2 Best Ways To Encrypt Your Files And Folders In macOS
Encrypt your sensitive file and folder in macOS easily – quick steps to be encrypted Your Mac ...
How to encrypt PDF files on macOS and Windows – Complete Guide
PDFs are the most common attachments in the email after docs. These lightweight, presentable documen...
How to Encrypt and Decrypt Files / Folder In Windows in 2023
Windows is admittedly popular and unexceptionally easy to use. However, you might also know it is on...
How To Encrypt uTorrent And BitTorrent Traffic – Best Easy Ways
Quick summary You can adopt many ways to encrypt uTorrent or BitTorrent traffic, but the most reliab...