Netflix is one of the most popular streaming platforms, accessible in over 190 countries globally. While each country has its collection of original and licensed content, apart from the US, no other country has access to the entire Netflix catalog. Therefore, if you are traveling outside of the US or a non-US citizen, you might have access to only specific titles.
The situation remains frustrating since the only apparent way to access the entire catalog is by changing the country on your account, that is, by moving to a new country! Since changing your physical location, only for Netflix is a downright absurd act, the best possible way out for you is within the reliable methods in this article. By following these measures, you can easily change the Netflix region and access the entire catalog.
How To Change Netflix Region – Reliable Way
It might seem that the only reliable option available for you to change the Netflix region is by changing your physical location. However, you can also opt to use a VPN to change your IP address and gain access to your desired region.
But finding the best VPN for Netflix might be a hectic task, specifically after the efforts Netflix is putting in banning VPNs. There are now only a few known VPNs that work well with Netflix, and since sorting them out amidst many, it is best to stick with the few tried and tested ones. Once you find a desirable VPN provider, then:
- Install the VPN and login into your account.
- Select the server: If you wish to access the US catalog, select the US server. Similarly, you can also choose servers in the UK, Canada, Australia, or any other country, depending on your need.
- Once you have connected to the server, open Netflix and enjoy streaming your favorite titles with no restrictions.
These legitimate VPN providers help users change their region and ensure unrestricted streaming, and they also provide super-fast speeds with no buffering. Therefore, these VPNs enable a secure, reliable, and comfortable streaming experience.
Why does Netflix Discourage VPN?
Netflix has been cracking down on VPNs and proxy services in recent months. This means that if you try to change your Netflix region by using an ordinary VPN, you might not be able to do so.
Netflix imposes such restrictions because it wants to ensure that its content remains available in the countries where it has been licensed. Additionally, Netflix is trying to enforce its global licensing deals to offer the same content in all countries.
Unfortunately, this means that some people who have been using old tech VPNs and proxies to change their Netflix region might not be able to do so. However, there are various VPN providers, fighting to ensure internet freedom and are even efficient in bypassing Netflix VPN bans.
How VPNs Change Netflix Region?
There have been several options available for users to change the Netflix region, such as using proxy servers or tweaking DNS settings. However, while these methods did allow users to change regions, they often resulted in slow streaming speeds, which is when VPNs took over.
VPNs that “tested and updated” quickly became a reliable option for changing Netflix regions and accessing the entire catalog as they also ensure super-fast speeds. Compatible VPNs keep adding new US, CA, and Australia servers to make sure they don’t disconnect from US Netflix.
A VPN works by routing your data through remote servers and hiding your IP address. Such features allow VPN users to virtually change their locations and access the entire Netflix catalog.
However, Netflix restrictions soon became tighter, and as the platform started imposing VPN bans, finding a VPN bypassing such geo-restriction was difficult. However, several best VPNs for Netflix is still managing to evade Netflix VPN bans by constantly updating their servers.
Once you connect to a VPN, it routes your traffic through a remote server, so you appear located in the country of the server. Such features allow you to access the Netflix library for that country and watch shows and movies not available in your own country.
Which Are The Best VPNs That Still Worked With Netflix
Ever since Netflix started banning VPNs, finding a reliable VPN for Netflix has become a problem. What somewhat worsens the situation is that the VPN market is brimming with many VPN providers with the false claim of working reliably with Netflix. In reality, there are only a handful of VPNs that reliably allow users to change Netflix regions and access the entire catalog, such as the ones in this list:
CyberGhost: it offers 7500+ servers around the world, works with torrenting, Netflix and also provides great privacy features. 45-day Free trial available www.cyberghost.com
NordVPN: its top-ranked VPN provider, 5000+ servers, all security features, works with Netflix, Torrenting, Tor, and ISP throttling – 30-day Free trial www.nordvpn.com.
Surfhark: It’s great with Netflix and torrenting, also can be used with bypassing ISP throttling, and has great privacy features. 3500+ servers and come with a 30-day free trial www.surfshark.com
ProtonVPN: it has 1400+ servers and is loaded with all privacy features. Works with Netflix, Torrenting, Tor and bypassing the ISP throttling. Free Version available www.protonvpn.com
ExpressVPN: it has 3000 servers around the world, works great with Torrenting, Netflix, special features for Tor. Offer 30-day Free trial available www.expressvpn.com
VyprVPN: it has 700+ servers in over 70 Countries, works great with Torrenting, Netflix, special features for Tor. Offer 30-day Free trial available www.vyprvpn.com
Since Netflix’s ability to restrict access is not a new issue. VPN providers have long since started taking this restriction from Netflix as a challenge, and they prevailed! Most reliable VPNs circumvent this restriction by continuing to add the US, CA, and UK server lists to unblock the site. So, if you aren’t living in one of these nations, get a VPN and watch your favorite programs!
Netflix Proxy Error?
Netflix proxy error is quite a common occurrence, especially since Netflix remains on the hunt for VPNs that can circumvent its VPN ban. If you are getting a proxy error when trying to watch Netflix, it means that the VPN server you are using is not able to unblock the site.
The IP address your VPN server is providing has been blocklisted by Netflix. You may need to try a different VPN server or change your DNS settings to mitigate this issue.
How to change Netflix region on smart tv
When you buy a smart TV, it comes pre-installed with applications as per your region. Therefore, any content you view over it appears according to your region. However, you can access content other than your region by changing your TV’s region.
Most VPN providers understand the need for having a reliable VPN within several devices and offer compatible applications. If you want to change the Netflix region on your smart TV, you can do so by changing your IP Address through a VPN. All you need to do is:
- Install a reliable Netflix VPN from the App Store.
- Once you have installed the VPN app, open it and connect to a VPN server in the country of your choice.
- Navigate to your smart TV’s settings and switch the region to that of the one provided by your VPN.
By following such steps, you might be able to change your smart TV’s region and access the entire Netflix catalog. However, while choosing a VPN, make sure that it works reliably with Netflix and is compatible with smart TVs.
Change Netflix region on iPhone.
Like any other device, changing your Netflix region on your iPhone is not a hassle. You can quickly get this done by changing your DNS settings or getting a VPN.
If you want to use a VPN, the process is exceedingly simple, and you won’t have to go through much trouble. All you need to do is:
- Install the VPN app of the VPN provider you have subscribed to, either from the play store or their website.
- Connect to a VPN server in the country of your choice.
- Once you are connected, open Netflix and enjoy all of the available content in that country.
However, while choosing the VPN for your iPhone, make sure that it is reliable and fully allows you to mitigate Netflix restriction and access the entire catalog. If you want to change your DNS settings, you can use the instructions below:
- Go to your iPhone’s setting.
- Over here, choose WiFi.
- Within this, click on the “INFO” indicated through the arrow button on your WiFi connection. It will reveal the DNS option.
- Once here, enter a new Netflix DNS code into the DNS box and save
- After that, you can either try using Netflix as it is or, for the best result, restart the device.
While changing your iPhone’s DNS setting, you might need to input specific public DNS code for the USA, such as:
- Cloudflare: 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
- Google: 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124
- Quad9: 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52
- OpenDNS: 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
By complying with these settings and using these DNS codes, you can change your DNS settings and hopefully gain access to the entire Netflix catalog.
How to change Netflix region on pS4
To change your Netflix region on your PlayStation 4, you can use a VPN or change your DNS settings. Most VPNs come compatible with PS4; therefore, using a VPN might not be a hassle for you. All you need to do is:
- Download and install the dedicated VPN app of the provider where you have your subscription.
- Once the installation is complete, log in to your VPN account through your specific credentials.
- Once done with that, connect to your desired server in the country of your choice.
If you don’t want to use a VPN, you can also tweak your DNS settings to change your Netflix region. For that, you might need to follow these steps:
- Make sure your PS4 has a working internet connection.
- Navigate to “settings” and select “network.”
- Within the available options, select “Set up Internet Connection.”
- Either choose “Use WiFi” or “use a LAN Cable depending upon how you are connected to the network.
- Amongst the given options, click on “custom,” which will open IP Address Settings where you need to select “Automatic.”
- When presented with the DHCP Host Name option, select “Do Not Specify,” which opens the DNS settings where you need to select “Manual.”
- You now need to add your preferred “Primary DNS” and Secondary DNS” respectively and once done with that, click on “Done.”
- Now you need to click on “Next” to proceed to MTU Settings, where you have to click on “Automatic.”
- Under the Proxy Server, select “Do Not Use”
Following these steps can help you configure DNS on your PS4. Once you are done with these steps, it is best that you verify connectivity by clicking on “Test Internet Connection.”
How to change Netflix region on Xbox
Netflix is a great way to watch movies and TV shows, but sometimes you might want to watch something not available in your region. Luckily, it’s easy to change your Netflix region on Xbox.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Netflix app on your Xbox.
- Go to “Settings” from the menu.
- Then “Account.”
- Select “Netflix Country.”
- Select the country you want to watch Netflix in.
- Press “A” to save your changes.
Netflix will now show content from the country you selected. Note that some content may not be available in your new region.
If you want to change the Netflix region on your device, there are a few methods that you can try. The easiest way is to use a VPN to change your IP Address. You can also change your DNS settings, but this will change your devices’ DNS servers. Whichever method you choose, be sure to connect to a VPN server in the country of your choice before opening Netflix. You will then have access to the entire Netflix catalog for that country.